Highway Worship Center is an Assembly of God church, as such, our church embraces the 16 fundamental truths held by the Assemblies of God. Four of these are considered core beliefs. They are:
1) SALVATION through Jesus Christ who provides the supreme sacrifice for sin (John 3:3, 16, 17; Romans 10:13; Ephesians 2:8, 9).
2) BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT for empowered Spirit-filled living (Acts 1:8; 2:4, 17, 18, 38, 39).
3) DIVINE HEALING for the sick provided through Christ’s atoning death and resurrection (James 5:14 – 16).
4) THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST Our blessed hope is when He returns for all who have accepted Him (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17; 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52).
The other 12 fundamental truths are:
- The Bible is the Inspired Word of God and is infallible and our divine guide for living.
- There is One True God consisting of three interrelated persons (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) also called the Trinity, which always existed and is the Creator.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is Fully God. He became human, born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for our sins, raised from the dead, and is seated at the right hand of God.
- The Fall of Mankind. Though originally good, man willingly chose to fall to sin – ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- The Two Ordinances of the Church are: 1. baptism by immersion in water after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation and 2. Holy Communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation, our eternal life with Him, and His second coming.
- The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues as the Holy Spirit gives.
- Sanctification is an act of separating ourselves from evil and identifying with things that are good, upright, and morally pure. This is a progressive, life-long process of drawing closer to God and becoming more Christ-like.
- The Church consists of all people who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ as the only remedy for their sins. It is the body of Christ, the dwelling place of God through the Holy Spirit. The church is to evangelize the world, be a unified body in which man may worship God, and be a body of believers being perfected in the image of Jesus.
- The Ministry involvement is a response to a divine call that is scripturally ordained in the Bible.
- The Millennial Reign of Christ when He returns with His saints to rule over the earth for 1000 years and bring the salvation of Israel and establish universal peace.
- The Final Judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be sent to everlasting punishment in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
- The New Heavens and the New Earth where righteousness will dwell and reign forever, according to God’s promise. All Christians will live there with God forever.